The Dept. was established in the year 1946 with Moulavi Md. Ishaq and Ex-Prof. of Cotton College, as Head. The Dept. was suspended in 1951 for some indescribable reasons. The Dept. was again started in 1979. The Dept. offers honours and pass courses in undergraduate level and also offers H.S course. The department has the arrangement for translating Arabic Documents into other languages especially in English. It has also the plan of launching the Diploma Course in Functional Arabics under National Council for Promotion of Urdu Language (NCPUL) under MHRD, New Delhi.